Normal Hours of Operation and Contact Information
The Records Office is open Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The normal business hours are 8:30AM to 4:30PM, however, at times these hours are subject to change. If you are planning on coming to our office, please call to verify our operating hours.
Records Office: 330-830-1739
The Records Office is staffed by 2 full-time Records Specialists that insure the integrity of the reporting process within the police department.
The Records Office facilitates a wide variety of tasks dealing with internal and external customers and communications.
These tasks include
- Maintaining and filing of officer generated reports
- Interaction with insurance agencies
- Processing Accident Reports
- Processing Arrest Reports
- Compliance with Records Retention Schedule
- Personal Local Records Check
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Copies of Incident and Accident Reports are available online or in person during business hours at a cost of .5 cents a page. Normally reports are available 1 business days after occurrence.
- Local Personal Records Checks are available during business hours at a cost of $2.00. We will need your name, social security number and date of birth, picture ID is preferable.
- Request for reports can be mailed along with $2.00 and an additional $.05 per page, plus a self addressed, stamped envelope. Mail request to:
Massillon Police Department
2 James Duncan Plaza, S.E., Suite 1
Massillon, Ohio 44646
Cash only. No personal checks will be accepted.
We will fax reports to Insurance Companies that have an account with our department, at a cost of .50 cents a fax and .5 cents a page.
The police department only fingerprints people upon court order.
If you are not satisfied with our service, please make your concerns known to the Support Lieutenant at 330-830-2597.