Fire Department Stations

Station #1 Headquarters

Headquarters

233 South Erie

Central fire station was opened in 1970. It replaced the old central station that was constructed in 1895 and located on the site of the present administrative building of city hall. The administrative offices of the department are located here as well as the department maintenance shop. An quint engine, aerial tower and EMS unit respond from this station. The primary response district from this facility is the center of the city in addition to backing up the satellite stations.

Station 217 17th St. N.W

Number two fire station was opened in 1980. It replaced the old number two station that was constructed in 1905 and located at Ninth and Tremont Avenue Southwest. An engine and EMS unit respond from this station. The primary response district from this facility is the Southwest and Northwest sections of the city.

Station 42720 Erie Street South

Number four fire station was opened in 1988. There had not been a fourth fire station in the city since 1906 when the city was still using volunteer firefighters to staff the satellite stations. An engine and EMS unit respond from this station. Primary response district from this facility is the Southeast areas of the city. It also backs up central station and responds to the center of the city.

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux